Position Summary: Sisu offers shelter, housing, and case management support to youth and young adults ages 15-24 who are experiencing homelessness. The Case Manager will work with youth in the shelter, housing programs, and community-based settings, using a strengths-based service model to provide case management and assist youth towards their identified goals. Employment, compensation, and position continuation are subject to the provisions of the grant.
The Case Manager is a nonexempt employee and reports to the Program Director.
Essential Case Management Functions:
- Provide case management support to Sisu clients to improve outcomes
- Assist youth in attaining and maintaining stable housing
- Work collaboratively to engage youth in the identification of strengths and needs to support the development/updating and implementation of an individualized service plan
- Provide Case Management note documentation in the HMIS system. Document daily services, maintain client files and goal progression notes
- Conduct assessments and screenings to ensure that identified needs are attended to via appropriate and timely referrals, follow-up, and safety planning
- Monitor and initiate educational plans, mental health plans, and physical health plans as appropriate based on client needs
- Represent Sisu within the community during collaborative staffing meetings such as the Homeless Youth Alliance and the Youth Coordinated Care Meetings
- Collaborate with appropriate community partners on the progress and well-being of clients
- Participate in weekly case management meetings with Sisu’s case management team
- Assist with on-call rotations as assigned
- Assist with food distribution to Sisu Housed Youth Clients
- Help clients obtain appropriate documentation such as social security cards, immunization records, medical cards, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for clients’ appointments. Assist clients with scheduling appointments and follow-ups as needed
- Coordinate and assist with client transportation to appointments, court dates, etc.
- Monitor and supervise youth in the program to provide a safe and professional environment
- Maintain consistency in the delivery of service and adherence to program policies
- Provide support in Sisu’s emergency shelter, drop-in center, and other programs as needed
- Assist in maintaining organization and cleanliness of personal workspace and program spaces
- Attend and participate in assigned training and continuing education requirements
- Practice confidentiality with all professional communication
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office applications and other computer applications
- Ability to solve problems independently and assist in conflict resolution
- Willingness to learn systems of care and resources for clients
- Must take initiative and be self-driven
- Ability to de-escalate and help clients problem solve
- Commitment to answer phones, texts, and emails daily and respond in a timely manner
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift items over 25 pounds
- Prefer ability to assist with the process of moving client furniture to housing placements
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to use telephone, PC, copy machine, printer, and other office equipment
- Ability to use washer and dryer
- Ability to use household equipment ie: broom, mop, cleaning supplies
- Licensed with a clean driving history and reliable transportation. Local travel will be required
- Pass a state and federal criminal background check for grant compliance
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred majors include social work and counseling or equivalent experience - required for Case Management certification
- Experience with youth, LGBTQ+, mental health, social services, or program administration preferred
- Case Management certification and additional training will be provided by Sisu
Job Location: In office & at program locations - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Position Type: Full-time hourly (40 hours/week)
Scheduled Hours: Typical business hours with a bit of variance; including some evenings and weekends
Salary Range: $32,000 - $34,000
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance available. Paid time off provided.
Sisu Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to fairness and equity in all our employment practices without regard to race, ethnicity, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.